Veterans Administration Guaranteed Home Loans (VA)
VA loans are guaranteed by the VA and eligible to veterans with satisfactory credit,
enough income to cover expenses while meeting VA residue income requirements, and
those veterans who can obtain a valid Certificate of Eligibility.
- --0% down payment program
- --Lower Interest Rates than Conventional Loan Programs
- --No monthly mortgage insurance
- --Reduced expenses for veterans with verified service connected disability
- --Purchase or Refinance
- --Primary Residence only
- --Lower credit threshold requirements than many conforming and non-conforming loan
Fixed Rate Term
30, 25, 20, 15, and 10-year terms
Adjustable Rate Terms
5/1 and 3/1 CMT adjustable-rate mortgage
-This loan is amortized over a 30-year term.
The initial fixed rate period may be either three years or five years. At the end of the
fixed period, the interest rate will adjust annually, with a cap on how high and low the
rate may adjust. There is a lifetime cap of 5% over the starting interest rate and an annual
cap of 1% at each adjustment period.
The annual adjustment caps are lower on the VA & FHA adjustable-rate mortgage loans
than most conforming and non-conforming loan programs.